Tuesday, December 4, 2012

By a Victim of Female Infanticide


Lying on the barren ground,
Naked of all emotions.
Struggling hard to open my eyes.
Distant unknown voices strike my ears like darts.
I can feel rough hands groping my body,
Pushing, tugging at my wrap.
Observing the cold, blood-less wrists.
Do they want me to wake up?
No, I can’t open my eyes,
I had to shut the world out.
And now when I try to unglue the eyelids and flick them open.. I can’t.
They had abandoned me; left me on this barren ground,
When they realized I came from the land of Venus.
They didn’t want me.
Buried me on the same ground.
Do I sense a feeling of regret, a desire to undo the done?
Is it possible to bring back the light of life?
But then I have more companions around me,
Ones who have had to face the same fate I did once.
Now I know there is no feeling of regret.
The age old tradition will continue without any variation
And I will have more lifeless bodies surrounding me on this barren ground.


-----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment