Sunday, July 8, 2012

The path of uncertainty followed by a confused soul


Jack of all trades, master of none. This is how my babai likes to refer me as. Passing class12 with just average marks is not an accomplishment. For families such as mine even 90% is not a big deal so someone as ordinary as me had nothing in store for her in the future.
I have always been a confused person. Till class11 engineering was all that occupied my mind. IIT was a dream, NIT was the second best option, Jadavpur University was the last refuge for a girl who always performed well in all class tests and terminals, a girl who got 95% in class10 boards.
As the days passed by I realized the most grievous mistake of my life. I hated science. Physics or chemistry is not what I love. It is not what I am passionate about. But what exactly was my calling I did not follow. You see, that is why I am a confused soul.
Creating,designing and drawing was something I enjoyed so may be fashion designing was an option for me.
Babai was against it. My father is a strictly emotionless and artless person. He is sort of like Oliver Barrett's father in Love Story. Fashion designing was a useless career with no scope and no future. So I was never allowed to sit for the NIFT or NID admission tests. Then I came across CLAT. Law could be a bright career choice for me. I loved fighting for a cause, expressing strongly my opinions, had a good hold of the language. It seemed a perfect and lucrative offer. However I did not qualify for the NLUs. 2 extra marks was all I needed. That hurt.
Neither was my engineering entrances good enough. IIT's dreams did not come true. NIT was far away. JU was unavailable. I am in a government aided college now with computer science engineering. Still hoping for CLAT 2013. Unaware of the trauma that I might have to face this year, the doom that might follow after the results of CLAT 2013. I will keep posting updates on the hostel life in an engineering college.
And there is one piece of advice that I would always like to give my juniors. Do what you are good at. Remember what Albert Einstein said “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

12 comments:

  1. I felt like you wrote almost everything i am going through!
    Story of my life too!! except the law part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. guess its d story f evry teenager going 2 b an adult.. confusion.. n d stress which follows.. glad u found ur calling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya..its d story of most of d students...only thing v can do is keep ourselves positive & mould ourselves according 2 the chosen path

    ReplyDelete
  5. culd relate to da story..
    i was a big tym nonlover of art and crafts..(i wld neva do ne task given at skul olso)..my mom had faith in me nd her dreams(she wanted me to do B.Sc hns. in home science)
    till da end of class 12 (march and april) i wuld tell my frns and teachers dat i wld b dng B.A hns in english until i went to pune in may and heard da calling...
    i may b gud in english bt i m better in home science !! today i spend my day and nyt making stuffs of paper ... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey good to hear from you Puja.. I am glad that you are doing so well in home science. It could be an inspiration for many. Thanks everyone else for your positive comments :)

      Delete
    2. thanx a lot dea ...
      ol of us r expecting da same positivity from ur side darling !!nah frns ?? :)

      Delete
  6. See wats gone by u cannot erase be me put a reset button to life join the college ur getting prepaire for clat 1 year more than enough for a personof ur caliber and talk out with ur dad that farhan wala speech in 3 idiots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! :P this is so much like you
      thanks for the advice :)

      Delete
  7. I will be giving CLAT and NID admissions though :)
    I love science AND art :D

    Its just that the system made me ditch one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ouu yeah!! more competition.. bring it on brother :D

      Delete
  8. nice1 .. sounded as u were speaking on behalf of many pupils or people around .. grt 1 ..wud mlike to hear it from u more often .

    ReplyDelete